Silencing the
Whistle-Blowers
In May 2013, a man
named Bradley Manning had gone to the last hearing in court that was to decide
how to “Balance the imperatives of national security against the rights of
whistle-blowers.” While they were deciding, the people in the court had hardly
noticed that a memo made by the administration of Obama had been released a
couple months earlier-in January.
The memo had said
that the Office of Personnel Management, and the Director of the National
Intelligence had to decide what the standards would be so federal agencies
could fire their employees-or the whistle-blowers.
A whistle-blower is a
person in the Government, police, FBI, etc. who can’t seem to keep their mouths
shut. I don’t mean to sound rude, but it’s the type of people who can’t seem to
not blab about secret-information that the governments don’t want us to know.
The Memo the Obama Administration
had given the Office of Personnel Management was to decide what types of jobs
that are secretive, or supposed to keep a secret, were only to be trusted by
those people who could keep their mouths shut. The court hearing that Manning was to decide
what people should be fired.
I may not be a person
who’s good at politics, but I know enough to tell that many people don’t really
like this kinda law, or what’s happening. But, then again, I’m thinking it’s
the people who are the type of people who can’t keep their mouths shut. I honestly
feel like this isn’t ethically right, I mean so they make a mistake and blab
about the job, but we all have the right to freedom of Speech right? But I can
also see it from the other person’s point of view. I mean, isn’t it the person’s
fault to be blabbing about jobs that are meant not to talk of? They know they shouldn't be gossiping about their job, but they do it anyway. Sure, you wanna sound cool, but their are some things you can't share with your friends, right?
Maybe this Firing the Whistle-Blower Memo/Law is right. But, what could the government be hiding from the public? Don't we have a right to know?
No comments:
Post a Comment