Link: http://www.dogonews.com/2013/5/20/what-would-life-be-without-artists-and-musicians
Everyone these days listens to music. Even back then, there were many people listening to music. There are all types of music; Pop, Hip-pop, Rock and Roll, Blues, Jazz, and all those types of music. Imagine what it would be like if we didn't have people like Dr. Dre, Taylor Swift, Enimem in our world, imagine a life without no music or no art. Of course, I could go on speific artists but right now, I'm just gonna go with bands that probably some of you heard, but don't really know/pay attention to.
The 1st person is the one who made the Mona Lisa, the painting I'm sure all of you heard about. Yeah, I'm sure you guessed/thought right (I hope) it's Leonardo da Vinci! You may only know Da Vinci as a guy who made the bicycle! Yep, the bicycle you, my brother, and many people on this planet ride. Now, imagine life without a bicycle? You don't think it'd be a lot? Well. Without bicycles, you probably won't have unicycles, or tricycles, you probably wouldn't even have some of your childhood memories-maybe racing down the hill with your parents or friends when you were betting who would win the total of $10 you guys had bet? (This is made-up, I don't think this happened, but you probably have something similar to it.) Da Vinci was great and all for making the Mona Lisa, something many artists love him, but what if he wasn't around? You wouldn't have your bicycle or even your Mona Lisa Painting!!
And though this article mentions other artists, I'll skip to one you all know-Elvis! Yep the guy who's "the King of Rock and Roll" the guy who knew who to dance wildly. Imagine if he had never rose up? Imagine if he had never become the king of Rock and Roll, and danced wildly, which is something that influenced many types of dancing and music. Imagine the kinds of dancing we would have if Elvis had never liven through! Who knows, maybe...we'd be dancing and singing like....uh, I don't know, in ways how I can't imagine right now-I don't know! Would you rather dance and sing in ways we don't know, or in ways that you know now, that you love? You'd probably love the other way of dance and singing, but you would also miss the the songs/dances you listen to now, no?
This article, though, it's not really much of one, makes me wonder-what would it be like if you never had the artists and musicians that influenced your style of music today? What happened if everything you knew in dancing and singing was different just because one person, or a few people didn't even stand up to change some style of dancing or singing? But then again, even if it was the other style-would you even consider the type you have now? I doubt you would, but ya never really know do you?
No comments:
Post a Comment