Angeles Martinez
804
Contains some spoilers.
I
have currently finished reading a book called Twisted by Francine
Pascal. It’s basically about a girl who…doesn’t fear anything. Not the people trying to kill her like every week, not
the people who judge her, and certainly not the girl who will do anything to bring her down,
Heather.
Gaia
[the girl who’s Fearless] has most things girls [and probably some boys] want-a
killer body, she’s smart as hell, and she can break codes, and fight
amazingly-she basically can bring anyone
down. But everyone else has what Gaia wants to be the most-to be “normal.” Gaia
is known to be a freak, and she doesn’t want to be a freak, she wants to be
able to walk down the hallways of her own school and not have people ignore
her.
Personally,
I think Gaia can’t really see what she has-like most people on Earth. Okay.
before I go into Gaia, I feel like I have to go in deeper to what I mean. So.
Let’s take a person for example. Heather. [I just took her name] Heather has
everything, a loving boyfriend, awesome grades, “good looks,” amazing and a lot of friends, her family usually gives
her everything she wants. But Heather thinks she doesn’t have anything. It’s
not that she’s spoiled [Okay, she might be just a bit, but just like, go with
the flow]. See, humans tend to overlook everything they have. They want
everything they don’t have. It’s human nature. [Yes, there may be some scientific
way for this, but…meh?] everyone wants what they can’t have. It’s like with
money, when you have a lot of money you don’t know what you want. but when you
don’t have money, you want everything, the coffee that you usually have, the
bagel or muffin that you have for breakfast. It really doesn’t make you spoiled
though. what I think is that for
humans, the reason we don’t appreciate or overlook what we have is well because
we think that thing will always be in our lives. I don’t want to sound insensitive
but it’s just how it is. Human nature sometimes makes us think that whatever we
have will always be in our lives. Like Heather, she always thought her good
friends, amazing family, and all those other people who love her, she thought
they would always be in her life, so she overlooks them. Everything she doesn’t
have, she wants, since it’s something she probably thinks wouldn’t be in her
life a long time until she gets it. even if it’s just something as simple as an
iPhone. Heather thinks that the iPhone should be in her life to give her
happiness, internet, faster-stuff, things like that.
I
think Gaia is sort of doing the same. Yes, she’s a “freak” that no one knows
how to be friends with-except Ed and Sam [Sam’s complicated but STILL]. Ed
Fargo has been Gaia’s friend-best friend really-for a long time. [Um. Like. 4
books is a long time, don’t ya think? :3] He’s been there Gaia for a long time,
helping her with things like when people try to murder her like every week or
so [People these days…]. And in this book, he helped Gaia when she found out
things like oh, um, her date is a serial killer trying to kill a bunch of blondes
that look a LOT like Gaia, and when Sam is like, making shit real complicated.
Though, Gaia doesn’t seem to making it seem like a lot. I can’t really blame her. Ed isn’t the
type of guy who wants to leave Gaia, and he seems to think she treats him
fairly. [Apparently, being noticed by Gaia for him is amazing and heavenly ._.]
But it’s Ed…he had another girl of his dreams break his heart and he’s a bit…lonely,
so, er, yeah. BUT either way, I feel Gaia is overlooking people like Ed. She doesn’t
seem to think he will leave her, she overlooks him. So Gaia, you tough little
girl with amazing powers, ya need to be more grateful on who is in your life as
your friend, everyone seems to wanna kill ya so…yeah. You can’t overlook people
who are actually nice when you’re in
a situation like you are in right now.
No comments:
Post a Comment