Thursday, February 28, 2013

Praise on Sara D's Blog Post

Link to Sara's BlogPost: http://sara808.blogspot.com/2013/02/the-first-machine-dynasty-vn-by_21.html
I have recently read Sara's response to The First Machine Dynasty by Madeline Ashby. And I must say, she really gave me a great opinion start on this book. I've actually never read this book and neither have I seen it around,  I usually judge books by titles when I don't see their covers. [Or by blurb and the person who I know has good taste or something o-o] 

Since I really haven't read the book I don't really know what I disagree with Sara with the book. But, what she did good was giving a summary of the book (Not too quick, not too long, not giving away too little so I don't understand it or giving away too much that it ruins the whole book for me.) She connected the way the police is like in the real world to the way it's like for Amy-the main character in the book according to Sara. She also relates to what most people do, they look out for themselves, and there are rare people who actually look out for others first before themselves-like Amy. Sara also makes us think about what the author wants us to possibly think about the book. "The author I think wants to make the reader percieve Amy as a wonderful caring person. Also I think she wants the reader to percieve the humans as more monsterous creatures. For instance the gage that Amy has in her mouth contains acids that is she bites into it will melt her. They would never do this to their oun kind. The reader makes the humans seem racist and cruel." [From Sara's Blogpost itself.] She connects the book whole book in many different ways, not just comparing the characters to other people like most people usually do. 

What I also like about Sara's response is that she gives her own opinion in the end. Though it is short, Sara clearly states what she wants to happen in the book, what she thinks about the way the robots are being treated, and what should happen with the characters. In the end-end, Sara like, leaves us with a suspense of what might/will happen in the book. She leaves us hanging [Not in the high-five way xD] and actually makes us wanna read this book, well okay, maybe some others won't read it or want to read it, but after reading this, I certainly wanna read it. 

I also, don't really want to sound all...uh, angelic or something-conceited might be the right word here?- , but I actually wanna say Amy sorta reminds me of myself. I may not seem like it to some people, but I usually think of others before myself. I don't care if I'm poor and in rags [Though, I rather not be] but as long as my friends are in the good life, as long as they aren't sad, in despair, angry, or anything, I'll be fine, as long as their happy. I don't really know if Amy is like this, according to this response of Sara's she is. I guess if Amy was a real character and she and I met, we'd probably bond or something, or maybe we wouldn't since we'd be worrying about each other and it would probably get all awkward. I guess being so emotional, so much of a softie, makes me seem like Amy. I am honestly not sure how Amy's whole personality is but from the looks of that blogpost, I guess me and Amy are very alike. [Though, most of you won't agree XD]

So, yeah, awesome job, Sara! I can't wait to read this book! And I'll come back to this, and see if I still agree with you. :3 But, really, nice job, I liked this blogpost. xD

-Angel of 804


No comments:

Post a Comment